Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SLC with the Pecks/Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house

We met up with our friends Adam and Maria Peck at the Garden restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith building. They had the roof open it was pretty cool, I haven't ever been up there before. Then we walked around temple square and the kids played in the reflecting pool and I mean In...

around and around...
Adam and Adam....

Phoebe's first time at the temple!
Lucas, Hayden and Allie checking out the view...

aren't the clouds so pretty!
We also went to the Oquirrh temple open house earlier in the day...
once again the kids ran around and around....


It was beautiful and it was so cool to see the Salt Lake Valley from the other direction, Allie loved it to go in the temple she kept telling me how no one had gotten married there yet, and then at the SLC temple she told me Lots of people got married there. It was pretty cute... Luke was his usual reverent self, kicking screaming, bumming tic tacs off the temple ushers...Crazy kid couldn't wait to get outside, and then to his delight they gave out cookies and kiddie sized water bottles. Oh joy!

5 comments:

jessie said...

I love the Pictures! Cant wait to rondevouz with you at little sahara! see you tomorrow!

maria said...

The kids sure had a blast!

The Favorite said...

I do love the cloudy pictures. That is a beautiful new temple. Thanks for posting pictures.

The Conductor said...

Wow, such beautiful pictures! Such fun adventures you are having -- I am way behind on all you've been up to.

People are used to kids running around and just being cute--albeit obnoxious--kids there in Utah, aren't they? I mean, please tell me you weren't the only ones with unruly kids at the temple(s)... If so, you can at least count me in your company!

Sarah said...

oh, you were there! Its awe inspiring, yourpictures.

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley