Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things boys teach you...like how to dial 911

Friday, I put Phoebe down for her nap and was going to go take a shower. I told Luke that I was going to do this and to watch his show and stay put...But I did have a feeling he was going to try to go outside I guess I should have listened...Anyway I closed and locked the screen door and the inside door... and the kitchen door. Half way through my shower I had the feeling Luke is gone...I didn't listen. I did finish quickly and put my contacts in. Opened the door the house was Silent! Luke had turned off the TV. I ran downstairs...He was not on the couch. The doors were all open. I ran up and got dressed super fast and looked out my windows to see if I could see Luke from there... Nothing. I go out and at first I thought all Luke's bikes were here, so I went and figured he was in the garage... No, but as I look back at the bikes I realize that Luke's new bike was gone. Panic sets in! I talk to the neighbor she checks her yard and her next yard over... I got in the Van and drove down the cul-de-sac...I didn't see him anywhere...So I start thinking about where he would have gone, I couldn't imagine him going on the main road. But I didn't know what he would have done....I checked one more place our other neighbors backyard, No not there....My neighbor said she would drive up to the park and check there... OH I was hoping he was there... I called and called Adam over and over till he finally called me back I told him what was up and he told me to call the police....OK... So I called 911

I have had reoccurring dreams about getting put on hold when I had to call 911...But thankfully they didn't...I gave them my information over and over...Then after several minutes I look up and see Luke pedaling down the lane at me with a big smile on his face...OY... I tell the lady that I see him, then the first of 3 police cars pull in...
Disaster averted! The police were really nice and the guy gave me a big hug and asked me if I was Ok, I was crying like crazy. I ask Luke where you? He just points behind him down the lane.... he hands me a hand full of petals, 'These are for you Mom" Thanks Luke! Adam came home shortly afterward and thanked the Police for their help...And I checked my phone yesterday when I took the picture to see how long I had talked to them, It was about 5 minutes. So the Good news is that in about 4 minutes the police will be at my house if I ever have to call them again... But lets just hope we don't~!

3 comments:

Beckey said...

That is just a crazy story! I'm glad he was okay. I always worry when I get in the shower what my kids will do. Most of the time I just make them get in with me because I worry so much about it. It's crazy how fast kids can be! Breathe a sigh of relief now! :)

The Conductor said...

Aaaaackkk!!!! Chantel, I am dying for you. What a crazy nightmare...so glad he's okay! (Cute little stinker!) And now, what a story you have to tell him the rest of his life (--about how he owes you BIG TIME!)

jessie said...

ahhhh! Scary! I' m always afraid of that! glad he's ok! silly boy

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley