Monday, May 28, 2007

Because I am Proud to Be an American!


This morning in Honor of Memorial Day, our family went down to the Forest Lawn Cemetery to put Flags at the war Veterans grave sites. We did this last year also, and it is just an amazing experience. We love doing it, today they started early so by the time we got there they were almost done, but we go to do a few, and then after we walked around and fixed the fallen flags. Adam said that as Allie and I were doing that some camera man for Channel 7 was filming us. So if we had TV we probably would see ourselves. I know this country isn't perfect, but tell me which one is? We are very lucky to have the freedom we have and I personally am happy to live here and am thankful to all those who have paid the price for us, and those who continue to do so in the armed forces today. Happy Memorial Day everyone!




Allie was a big helper and found all the fallen flags for us! She had a blast!



This is as we were leaving, it was so beautiful to see all the flags in place~

1 comment:

Beckey said...

I know I am a baby, but this brought tears to my eyes! I miss the U.S. so much, in fact I bought an American Flag while I was in Utah last week to hang on the wall in our basement. I know our country isn't perfect either, but I am proud as well! It isn't a holiday here so I almost forgot it was Memorial Day there. Happy holiday weekend!
-Beckey

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley