Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thankful Sunday


"My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." -President Thomas S. Monson

Today I have realized that I want my future to be bright...I want my faith to be strong. They played this talk at church today from President Monson. Be of Good Cheer, I want to be of good cheer. I want to be happy, I want to recognize my blessings and take action to cause good. I don't want to be part of spreading evil and ill...
I feel like I have been under a thumb and only allowed to move so far this way or that for the last 4 years, Adam's schooling has dictated what we can and can't do. Finally we are free to choose what we want to do where we want to go, how we want to be. I want to be as self-reliant as I can. I want to learn and grow. I am excited for having the chance to do these things...I am going to make a few goals. I am going to achieve them.
I have realized that my life is good, even under the thumb of Dental School it was good, and I don't think I recognized that enough. My Children are happy, and healthy. My husband loves me, I have a great family, I have a few great friends. I am blessed. I have a desire to continue to learn and grow, and to be the best Chantel I can be.

So today I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who knows me and my strengths and sees me for what I can be and knows the desires of my heart and helps me to feel his love.

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

Great thoughts. I love your attitude. You are inspiring!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley