Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th, and ramblings...

July the Fourth

Usually I have a lot to say, but this year, I feel so tired, and overwhelmed by life, kids, weather, and all of that, that honestly I haven't really had much Extra to think about anything.
I am grateful for being able to live in the United States, Especially after my Brother in law Ryan's trips to the Congo in Africa. You know things that are pretty crazy go on everyday but honestly I think we have it so good that we are lulled into Forgetting how good we have it. So that we have more reasons to complain about things. Pretty sad really! I saw this Awesome video by some guy called Louis CK It is a total wake up...
Watch it REALLY!
His point is Everything is AMAZING!! and we aren't HAPPY!
So Please, Be happy, Be Loving, Be Kind.
I have realized lately (with my limited braincell power) and am trying to figure out a way to always remember that people are the way they are for a reason. Even if it is someone I can't STAND, I have to remember, well maybe there mom messed them up by making them eat prunes or liver All the time...Maybe their the way they are because of some stress I can't see, I have seen this come to light recently, someone who was very angry with someone else, and then I found out something about that someone else that is probably a reason they are a bit "off" and the reason is HUGE, but that other person still was so angry with them and I am sure caused them Tons of Extra stress on a bad situation to begin with, I don't know if the other person knows, I don't care, I am sure I know for a reason. There are even people I really like that do things that I just scratch my head at because to me it is so Stupid, and I can't figure out why a highly intelligent person would do something like that... Then I remember I used to be a democrat and my friends all thought I was nuts, I loved Gore, I did, they just laughed at me. Well then came the "invention" of the Internet and Global warming, well I changed my mind and realized that I was probably a bit off, but my friend still likes me... even thought there were some photos taken of me on a Republican bench being rude, benches below.... (Kira, what memories!) So I have to remember not to judge, and to realize we all come along at our own pace, and need to find ways to be driving down the road at the same time without shooting each other, no matter how much we want to! Stupid people are Ok, and you and I probably were stupid once too...So anyway don't hold my confessions against me. I am coming along... at a tired slow pace.

Happy Fourth, Where every you are whatever country you live in, effect change for the good, and you will be happy.
Love you all, No really! Chantel

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

Chantel, that was some marvelous Fourth of July philosophizing. Really. Good reminder to simply give others the benefit of the doubt. I've seen that video clip before and love it. The guy is soooo right on!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley