Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day Utahns

Well I am missing Pioneer day as the fam is getting together in Utah at Melissa's place. But I guess we are stuck in NY, and I guess Luke will be happy that there are not any fireworks here tonight.
So in honor of Pioneer day here is a pioneer story that is cool and we have been to the place...
Hole In the Rock....This is Allie and I enjoying the view... can you believe how little she was?The marker for the site, that is now covered with Lake Powell...
The "hole" in the rock that the wagons came down, pretty scary if you ask me!

Here is the story from Mormon Times

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

Fascinating story! I'd heard about "Hole in the Rock" but didn't know the story. Also didn't know it was covered up by Lake Powell! (I gotta get myself over there to Lake Powell someday...)

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley