Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall Yummys for your tummy

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

1 can of pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup Veg oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1 bag of chocolate chips (or how many every you like, we happen to be chocoholics at our house)

Preheat oven 350 grease and flour 3 loaf pans
in a large bowl mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour baking soda salt cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients in to the pumpkin mix until just blended pour into the prepared pans
Bake for about 50 minutes Loaves are don when knife inserted in the center of loaf is clean.

YUMMY, this recipe was shared with me last year by my friend Rachel, it made me Very happy many a morning, it made my house smell like fall and yum, it made me fail my glucose test, it make my kids eat something yummy and learn and want to help me make bread....Thank you yummy bread! No you too can have some...get baking. (unless you are lucky and it isn't already fall where you live then save it for a month or so)

3 comments:

inna said...

how are you doing? your kids are so big now!

Beckey said...

Oh it's Fall here! The weather just turned over night! Thanks for the recipe...it gives me an excuse to go buy some bread pans (I've been meaning to buys some for a while now) and I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...so I'm sure the bread is just as yummy!!! Have you tried the pumpkin cookies you make with a spice cake mix? If you haven't they are SOOOOO good and you need to try them...they have THREE ingredients. That's it. It's on my recipe blog! I'll let you know how I like the bread!

Beckey said...

I made the bread last night...it was really good! Although, it tasted a LOT like the cookie recipe LOL

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley