Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My project... New headboard

After realizing way to late I forgot to take a Before picture... I had to hunt for a picture from before... this was years ago.. so look past those cute kids and that was Before....
So I was totally inspired by Jodi at Simply This that and the other's end table project, and I went and bought my first can of spray paint.

Step 1 was a coat of Black Primer....Which was Very hard for me to find...3 stores later and Voila:


Step 2, White Satin coat, But a mystery to me I started to get this Blistering popping up... Then came the big problem, it was running and so I stupidly Touched it.... NEVER TOUCH SPRAY PAINT! EVER! So I thought I fixed it then it blistered bad, so I just pulled it off, sanded it, and started over in that spot. It still looks badish, but then I just really distressed that area so it looked like something whacked it or something... and it is OK...So Step 3 was destress, which was less stressful than I had imagined...And here it is in my room....(don't judge me by that wallpaper boarder, it is a rental See below)
From something Free, that I really didn't like, to something I actually am loving...for about $10, I am thrilled! I admit it was kinda scary spay painting it, especially when the blisters popped up, but the small blisters actually look kinda cool now, and I persevered and I am Totally happy! My favorite part?

3 comments:

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley