Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pittsburgh Sans Kiddies!

Four hours or a little less down the road is Pittsburgh...What a difference it makes... Alas.. Is that SUN on that building? why yes it is! Today it was a balmy 58 at it's high, meaning I walked into a store with no hat, mittens, boots, Jacket! and I didn't freeze! Seriously...I also had a little bit if a tan too I think, I saw more sun today than I have since September!

We stayed at the Omni William Penn Hotel...it is pretty fancy.. And we got a deal on Price Line! LOVE IT!
So we started off the day meeting up with Yousef (fellow pedo resident) who was also visting his old stopping grounds from his dental school days... he took us out to breakfast at a fun place called Crepes Parisiennes... YUMMY! I had a tomato and cheese Crepe, it was great! Gotta learn to make those...
Then we got lost in some Tunnels...but ended up on top of Mount Washington, which over looks the whole city and all the rivers and bridges, which there are TONS! It was lovely, and I think deserves for us to return when the weather is warming and the grass is greener cause I think it would be even more lovely then! And there is so much to do we couldn't even Touch! I look nervous in the picture below because the guy who took our picture kept backing up and backing up and I was thinking he was going to make a run for it ! HaHa...Thankfully he didn't!
This was a house on Mt. Washington overlooking the city, it was so pretty, I would love it!

See Lots of bridges, and river...above is this cool park right downtown that used to be a fort and blockhouse in the 1700's, I want to check it out in the spring...Downtown... fun!
The view from our room at night..

No comments:

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley