Monday, January 11, 2010

Thankful Monday...shoulda been Sunday

Well Time to get back to being Thankful!

I have no idea if anyone noticed that my Thankful Sunday posts dissipated last one was in July...Seriously I have been thankful since July, just haven't always been here at the right time to write about it...And I admit some days I have been an unthankful selfish rotten person...Probably more than I should have been...
So Off with that coat, back to being Grateful and humble... (I hope!)
So lets see, I am thankful really for mostly the same things as always, but in light of some events that I have been aware of in the last little while...I am even more grateful for my Children being Happy, Healthy, and Alive, Active, Functioning children. Seriously, there are people out there suffering and I am taking for granted the fact I am Completely Blessed...Well I am expressing my gratitude now. We have been sick on and off since September, as I am sure most of you have been too... it gets wearing but I am not visiting the hospital to take care of my children...So I am ok with that.
I am thankful for a Dr Husband...When I panic about fever/vomit/illness, he is always there to tell me that really it is ok and this is what we need to do. Ahh, thanks honey! So nice to have someone level headed at those moments.
I am thankful for my extended family. I have a great friendship with my momma who I love, that is a great blessing...I am also blessed to be friend with my Sisters in law, who are actually really just my sisters... I realize that most people don't have that... But I do and I know I am blessed. Thanks ladies for loving me even though I am crazy...
I have great in-laws who gave me the best husband, and love me like a daughter too.

Adam...This guy deals with my in all my craziness, weaknesses, failings...and he has to eat my food experiments on top of all that...This guy is amazing! I am thankful for time now to be able to get back to laughing with him, instead of worrying about school and match... thankfully we made it through most of that hard stuff, and now can just worry about easier things...

I am thankful for Facebook... No not for sucking my time away which it does too... but for reconnecting old friends so easy... ie. We went to a marriage class at church... low and behold found out that 2 couples at the table happened to know each other from college... and then they mention the name of a 3 friend they both knew who happened to be one of my old best friends Amy...who I sadly had lost track of...Well turns out one of them is facebook friends with her... OK so now I am she sends me her phone number and I call... instantly I am transported back 8 years and I have my best friend back just like that! Seriously... THANK YOU FACEBOOK!
Don't you love talking to a long lost friend and it is like Nothing has happened since you last spoke? It is the best, I look forward to keeping up with Amy and Aaron from now on!

Last and certainly not least... I am thankful for the Lord and the Spirit of God. I have been comforted, and encouraged, and loved, and pushed along. I have melted down and felt like "All is lost, we are all steak" (Madagascar) And been prompted to kneel down and pray, and then giving so much love and encouragement that I can actually make it through the day that there is no doubt that the Lord Knows and Love me Chantel... It is amazing and I am immeasurably thankful for that love.

No comments:

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley