Tuesday, June 5, 2007

In Memory

Zilda Pearl Garfield
December 29, 1907 - June 5 2007

My Great grandmother Nana passed away today. She was 99.5 years old! She was a Fifth Generation to Allie. I remember going to her house in Montpelier Vt and wondering what napkin rings were for and why she always had her table set like someone special was coming over. She had a ton of Knick knacks which were especially exciting to little kids like me I loved looking at this wire tree she had with beads or crystals on it. And she had a ceramic Garfield Cat. Her porch always had tons of flowers, and she always had bath soaps and perfumes in her bathroom. (At least this is what I remember, I was little so I could be remembering things wrong) She always had pictures of her grandkids and great grandkids all over the place. She made Awesome Fudge for Christmas and always put it in a Christmas mug for everyone. Yummy! She loved Allie, I remember when I was pregnant we showed her the ultra-sound video and she just couldn't believe that they could see the baby in there! She just watched that video in awe. She always told me that Allie was so well behaved and she told me it was because Allie had good parents. These are some of my memories, I hope she will find happiness on the other side of the veil.



2 comments:

ShepDDS said...

Peace To Nana

Beckey said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma, I know what you're going through. Will you be able to make the funeral?

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley