Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Count your Many Blessings...

(I love the lights at Temple Square! I took this picture last time we were there WAY back in 2004! Sad, I miss that the most!)

I love this time of year, I wish it would snow more though. I think that is a first for me, but I am sick of it being FREEZING and no snow with the 40mph winds off the lake!
I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for all we have been blessed with, Dental school is a pain, but we are blessed to be here, Even Adam would agree (just not on a handful of days) We have families who love us, and take really good care of us, I am blessed to be Very good friends with my Sisters in law. Not something that happens much, but I view them as my sisters, they are sweet loving women who try to do the best they can to be the best they can as mothers and wifes. I have a great Mom, who loves me, and is my friend. I have great Inlaws, who I know love me like I have been around all along. I have been totally blessed to have Adam, he is annoying, (whose not?) but he loves me even when I am annoying! What more can a girl ask for! He is a huge part of me. I am totally glad to be stuck to him for the rest of Forever. Our kids, Love them! They too are Work and hard to deal with but the sweetest hugs in the world are from these two. They are so loving and kind sometimes, and so interesting to watch discover the world! Allie is a fabulous little dancer, she can stand on her toes it is amazing! Luke is just a Moyer the Destroyer type. Has to know how everything works, at least see if he can get it to Not work anymore. I love my kids so much and I realized the other day the longest I have ever been away from Allie is 24 hrs. Luke not that long 8 tops? So I think I would be pretty lost without them!
We are also blessed to really not want for anything. All of our physical needs, food, water, warmth, clothing are taken care of, we haven't got the "latest and greatest" of everything but we have more than we need to live. Which is more than many can say. So I guess I am just thankful for a God who loves me and takes such good care of me.
Who can't think of their blessings at this Christmas season! The Birth of Christ! I am so thankful for the Spirit of this season, it fills me with love!
President Monson said we shouldn't go around saying Merry Christmas we should be saying, it is Christmas time, is there anything I can do for you? That is the spirit of Christ, I challenge you all reading this to look around and see if you can't do something to lighten someone else's burden this year. And remember to take the best care of your home, heart and families. When there is nothing else these will still be yours!

Ps, this Fisher Price nativity is another one of my Loveys. the kids too, it works Awesome for Family Home Evening lesson on Monday! Allie and Luke love playing with it!
We have been having Mini FHE every night! We sing Christmas songs and read from the Book of Luke, and sing some more. I keep waiting for Allie to ask me why so many songs talk about us, the Shepherds! But she must get it. Also Bragging, she can do Silent Night in Sign Language! It is very cute!

2 comments:

Melissa Pratt said...

Thanks for the thought. You are awesome I love you and the family, I am so glad to be your sister, I hope you have a very merry christmas.

Beckey said...

That was a great "thankful" post!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley