Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

D&C 68:6
"...be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.”
This is one of my favorite pictures of President Hinckley.
June 23, 1910- January 27, 2008
Last night President Hinckley passed away, I didn't find out till this morning... I am so happy for him, yet sad for me and the world. This man was probably one of the greatest. The things he has done and seen are unbelievable, yet they happened. He did more in his lifetime than most of us could imagine. My heart is very sad, He is like my extra Grandpa, I love him greatly, Allie loves him so much, she was totally obsessed with having him over for dinner! She is so silly. One of my favorite things he has said is, Try a little harder to be a little better. I have this in my living room, it is so encouraging to thing just a little will do a lot.

A few years ago we got to go to the Christmas devotional in SLC, I remember sitting in the conference center which is HUGE, and thinking how loud it was with all the talking and shuffling and the buzz of people. Then all of a sudden it was SILENT.. like we could have heard a pin drop instantly Silent, I looked up at the stage and you could just barely see President Hinckley at the side just ready to walk on stage, the feeling and Sprirt he carried with him was amazing, I could feel the love he has for us. It was one of the greatest experiences, I wish I could have met him, but I guess that will have to wait!

I don't even really know what else to say but I am just so Thankful to President Hinckley for the sacrifices he made, for the life he lead and for the guidance he has given. I pray that the Lord will greatly bless his family as I am certain they will miss him so much.
To read more about his life here is a link to the Desseret News Website.



This is one of President Hinckley's books, it is a great one, you should read it if you haven't.

1 comment:

Crescent said...

I too was so sad to hear about President Hinckley. He is the prophet of OUR day, one that I will remember the most. I am happy for him to be reunited with his wife, but sad for all of us left behind! But, the good thing is the church is still true, and it will still move forward, or "carry on" as President Hinckley would say.

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley