Monday, December 8, 2008

Trial Run...

Well today I made a trip to the hospital....stayed for about 3 hours and came home still pregnant...It is a good thing since Adam is getting home tonight at Midnight, but it is frustrating and I feel stupid too. But I have Awesome friends! Heather who I called at 7 something took right over for me, made lots of phone calls took care of my kids, and even ventured out to the hospital with me and walked the halls for an hour with me too! She was Amazing, where my brain had shut down she picked right up...."put on your jacket, where are your keys? Do you have your purse?" She was amazing! Thank you Thank you thank you!

Alexis took the kids at the drop of the hat, and salted my walk, shoveled it too I think, and she even thought to take out my garbage, the farthest thing from my mind...The kids had a blast with her since she took them to a party, what a great babysitter! Plus she has a van so she could easily fit everyone in. Alexis Thank you Thank you Thank you! And your hair is awesome...I love it!

I have Amazing friends! Lots of people well wishing, and concerned and offering everything from naps to cleaning my bathroom, which is SO tempting! I love you all and you all get extra blessings if I have anything to say about it!

So I guess the back story is....Since last night at 8 I had been contracting pretty regular, and I didn't sleep at all cause I was hurting so bad, I had really bad back pain and just contracting and contracting. I am also really nauseated, and that was fun too. Not to mention my anxious mind wondering what to do if I go into labor without Adam around. So this morning after a bath which was Not fun, I am way to short to have a comfy bath, laying around, drinking some water and "relaxing" between crying, I called my doctors and they sent me to the L&D to be evaluated and they monitored me for 20 or so minutes and the contractions were 5 min apart, but not super hard, then they checked me and I was a 1-2. Then they had me walk the halls for an hour and come back to repeat, no change and the contractions had slowed down, though had gotten harder for a while, So they sent me home. I was relieved and frustrated all at the same time.... Pregnant emotions SUCK! So that was my fun day!

So now I am exhausted, my body aches, even my eyes hurt! Still contracting though less regularly, still nauseous, still waiting for Adam to get home! So exciting!

6 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Don't feel stupid!! I loved L&D and we did not mind moms coming in with the uncertain I feel like a tard emotion. We hoped that you were right and terrible when we had to send moms home. BUT at least Adam will be home for you. I could not imagine going through feeling like CRAP alone, while being a mom to two kids. YUCKO!!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I am so sorry you had such a hard day! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!! Call me if you need ANYTHING!!!!!!

Elisa said...

Darn it!! I'm so sorry. That little girl just needs to get here! I hope you are feeling better, I hope Adam made it home ok, and I hope you get some rest. I can't imagine chasing after 2 kids and being 9 months pregnant! Not too much longer and you'll have her here.

Sean & Kendra said...

Glad to hear that the baby is going to try to wait for Adam! And that all is well. I hope you feel better. Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Beckey said...

Oh I am so sorry! Hope you get feeling better soon! With the back pain you described...hope she is not posterior. Glad that Adam will be home too! Good luck, wish I could do something to help...

Crescent said...

Oh my gosh!! How scary, especially with Adam being gone. I'm glad that everything is okay--call me if you need anything!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley