Sunday, July 6, 2008

Boston/Providence

Well we got here Friday at hmm, 7ish, and then we tried desperately to find some fireworks and although the hotel had maps we still seemed to miss out, Allie was devastated. So thankfully we got back and they had the Boston fireworks on the TV...Allie was thrilled!
So then Saturday we went to Boston, we rode the T (subway) which I thought Lucas would be crazy about, but alas no luck there, he was just as wild as ever. We got down to the Aquarium, the line was about 3 hrs long, Not kidding! and for 55 buck and 3 hours it totally wasn't worth it. So we watched the harbor seals splash around, and walked around the warf and checked out the ocean and jellyfish and boats. Then with no other plans we walked aimlessly for a while and came upon Quincy Market, which I was excited for, the food smelled great we saw some great street performers, some crazies too. (pictures will follow sometime in the future) We had some great Mexican at a place called Zuma. And then Allie had HAD IT! and Luke too. Kids get Way more tired on vacation than at home. So we got back on the T and headed back to the car. (which was a fight all the way to the parking lot)
Today we hung around the hotel till noon, Also note, kids + smaller hotel room = crazy parents.
So then we headed up to Boston again the kids fell asleep instantly, (they don't nap well away from home in a one roomer they need space!) so we drove up to Boston, went by the Childrens hospital, and around the MFA, and then over to Cambridge, up Storrow dr. The Charles River was beautiful. Then we went down into Harvard Sq. which was Crazy! and then out Brattle street where my old church building is, (I was trying to lead us to the temple but not quite remembering where the turn was) and when we passed the church we saw two guys standing by the street waiting and one looked like someone I knew from ages ago, and we turned around and low and behold, it was the same, and another guy I used to know too... so we said hi and they remembered me too, and I asked how to get to the temple. So we made it to the temple, it was pretty cool! I had yet to see it with the steeple on, and the trees have grown so much it was really beautiful. And of course Allie had to pee, so we walked down to the chapel below, and I walked in and I hear my name. Well hmm, that is odd.... I back up and it is Amy Trimble! I was so excited. We hadn't called or anything so I felt bad about not seeing her, and tada there she was! That worked out nicely! So they took us back to their place and we hung out for an hour or so, and the kids had a blast playing with TOYS! Then we left and went to the Bass Pro Shop. since we didn't get to go to the "real" aquarium the Pro shop aquarium had to do. And it did, the kids both loved it and it was free! Plus we got to see the Patriot Stadium too. Bonus! We had dinner and came "home" Allie was thrilled to be able to Jump on the bed again! So there we are! Tomorrow is Adam's meeting with the Dr. over Pediatrics here and the kids and I will venture to the Zoo. Then we will come back to Buffalo, and start again! It will be nice to sleep in my bed again, if only for one night!
As someone smart once said there are two ways to travel...First Class or With kids. I 100% agree! It makes everything that much more difficult! Oh well!
Have fun, hope everyone is safe and sound! Love, Chantel

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was glad I saw you! It was fun chatting with you and Adam. Your kids are adorable!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley