Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I just have to mention this....

I would feel totally bad if I did not add to the spirit of Love that seems to surround this whole blog world when it comes to NieNie and her family.
[DSC_7008.jpg]

I know many of you probably don't have a clue what I am talking about, but there seems to be this crazy string of small airplane crashes lately, makes me glad to have both my feet on the ground, but you may know I read a ton of crafty blogs, and one belongs to the above mentioned NieNie...On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie & Christian Nielson were in a plane crash with his flight instructor, Doug Kinnear, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinnear passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital. Christian has sustained burns on over 30% of his body. His wife Stephanie’s body was burned over 80%. They are currently undergoing the beginnings of several rounds of skin surgeries. Their four children are in Utah with family members while their parents are with them in AZ although they are in Medicaly induced comas.

Personally my heart is so broken, I just can't even imagine what their family is going through. And since I can't really do too much to help, I figured the best I can do is just share their story. Below are some things that have been set up to help out the family with their Medical bills and household management.

The Benefit blog link is here: Click me

C Jane Enjoy it, Stephanie's sisters site has updates and other ways to help

Design Mom has Declared This Thursday NieNie day, so hop over there for more info on fabulous auctions etc.

Other Idea's from C Jane's site
***Pray for them!

***Donate to the "Stephanie Nielson Fund" at any Wells Fargo.

***You can also donate at any Bank of America under the "Christian and Stephanie Nielson Rehab Fund."


***Send cards to decorate our patient's rooms!
c/o Stephanie and Christian Nielson
Maricopa County Hospital
2601 East Roosevelt Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(No flowers please! Though Nie would love them . . .)

2 comments:

Crescent said...

We just heard about a small plane crash in Utah where a prominent dermatologist from Cedar and half of his staff were killed(they were flying between clinics in Utah)...it is so sad--the whole town is still in shock. I have heard of too many small plane crashes lately too and it makes me never want to get in one!!
Thanks for your encouraging words on handling 2 kids!! Your kids are so cute together now--once they get to that age where they can play together is nice huh?

The White House said...

I am just speachless about this unfortunate incident. It really makes you stop and be grateful for all that you've been blessed with. I have not read blogs for a while and I can see that you a constanlty going, you really have a way of being in the know. You look like you are having fun with your family and your crafts.:)Oh I just love the growing belly, you look soo cute.

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley