Saturday, August 16, 2008

Zoo and more crafts...

Buffalo Zoo trip, Well today we made it to the Zoo, It was and amazing Zoo, well ok it wasn't it was an Ok Zoo, kinda small, it was hot and we walked so much I was so tired by the end! So I guess it was big enough!
The tigers were beautiful though and very playful!

My cute kids doing what they love, trying to get wet!
This time with window shades...I have wanted to do something like this for ages and I actually found this shade pattern last year but didn't ever get around to doing it, but I can't stand the thought of another winter without being able to have some light in my living room... You see we have crappy single pane windows and it is FREEZING so we have to put up that shrink wrap stuff... and the blinds are INside so I have to close them or they will be open all winter long...So this year hopefully I will get this project done and be able to have light! Amazing light! So below is the material we picked out, mostly not because we LOVE it I mean we like it but mostly because it was 50% off the sale price so it was reasonable! Below are two other fabrics I bought, Allie loved the red and gold and wants a dress made out of it... I got that piece for 86 cents. And the other is Fleece I fell in love with, I got that for 4 bucks! Not bad really it is almost 2 yards!

2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I can't wait to see all your projects! You are amazing to even attempt all this! I still don't have my headbands done from last years super Saturday! :0)

Beckey said...

Cute shades, have fun making them! We have to put up that ugly stinkin shrink wrap too but our blinds are out enough that we can put it closer to the window and still open and shut our blinds.

Fun times at the zoo eh? Cute pics!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley