Tuesday, September 23, 2008

FALL and other things

FALL

Can I tell you how much I love LOVE fall! I feel like i can actually cook in the fall, I want pumpkins around and yummy smells in the air... Hopefully it will last a long time this year and No Snow till December! hehe here is to hoping!

Well yesterday was fun, poor Lukey was ill, he had a fever all day, thank heaven for Motrin and Tylenol, though we did have to run to Wegmans and get some more since I was almost out to start. But the trip out was nice too, and seemed to be good for Luke, he was happy to see something new and was VERY mellow since he was feeling crumby!
Today he is much cooler though so I am hoping he is going to recover today! Dance day today too! A trip to Walmart for some sugar which I am out of hence the Yuck Mom! Koolaide in my fridge. and some baby bottles for my friends baby shower this weekend.
I made the yummiest Chicken Enchilada's last night, strangely it is the same recipe I always use, but for some reason they were even Yummier than normal... maybe because it is Fall???
Check out these kids from Fall's past... SO Cute!! I can't believe they were that small! Luke looks HUGE compared to that kid! haha And Allie well what a ham not much has changed there! (Look for that costume in a few weeks on the boy!)Two crafts we will be doing soon... at least as soon as we actually get some fall leaves!

Autumn Trees Craft

Click here for instructions... she says to use ink but I think probably just
paint would work fine too...
Tree_2_2

This one is from Full Circle I love that my littlest can do this and I can too! I am a total sucker for Fall!

The Second is Martha!
Halloween Hang-Ups

1. Fold Papers
For each decoration, you'll need to accordion-fold 8 1/2-by-11-inch sheets of colored paper, making 1/2- or 3/4-inch folds. For small faces, accordion-fold 3 sheets of paper vertically, then bend each in half to make a fan. For medium, accordion-fold 6 sheets horizontally. For large, accordion-fold 11 sheets vertically.

2. Form Circles
For small faces, cut 6 strips of paper equal to length of fan's fold and twice its width; fold in half lengthwise. Use a glue stick to attach strips to fans (see below), and fans to one another, forming a circle. For larger faces, glue 1 edge of folded paper to next until you form a circle. Hot-glue center to secure.

3. Add Features
Print templates (get the pumpkin, cat, and owl templates), enlarging by 200 percent for small, 275 for medium, and 325 for large; cut out. Trace shapes onto colored paper twice; cut out. Attach shapes to each side of decoration with hot glue. Hole-punch top; hang using ribbon.

And one more just for fun, this looks super easy and cute! What house doesn't need a little Bat Garland?!!? It says to use tissue paper but I think probably any thing would work!

Tissue-Paper Garland

Directions: Trace or draw desired design across full width of a package of folded tissue paper; we used a cookie cutter as our guide. Cut along the outline, leaving a bit of uncut fold at both sides so figures connect to one another. You'll end up with several strings of five or six shapes each; tape together for a garland.

1 comment:

Melissa Pratt said...

Those look cool, I will have to try it with the kids...

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley