Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thankful Sunday

OK Warning, this one May be long...
Last night was the Relief Society General broadcast. I went to church and stuffed myself full of chocolate, and then sat down for a lovely set of talks. I have to say that I am so thankful that the Lord knows us, that he has sent leaders who are loving and take time to teach us the things we need to know and need to hear. I can tell you he knows me, I have had some hard times the last little bit, nothing Huge but big to me. And I can tell you that I was amazed when President Uchtdorf said just the thing I have been bugged by and told me Not to let it get to me and to do my best. He said many things which I am sure touched many hearts, and said just the thing they needed to hear. And I am thankful that he said just the thing I needed to hear, he said "Don't let fear paralyze you." I kinda feel like I have been doing that, fear of just about everything it seems. But I will say that I have been trying harder to be fearless. I try to remember more often what it says in 2Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
He also talked a lot about Creating beauty all around us and within us. I love this thought, I love to create things and he again reminds us that what we create doesn't have to be perfect, he said to start small if we need to and that when we start feeling down and thinking we aren't good enough to Think Again! He said women tend to undervalue themselves and that is just not how it is. No we may not be perfect but that we have So many talents within ourselves that all of us have talents they may not be the best voice, or sewing amazing things, or crafting, scrapbooking, cooking, or anything like that it could be kindness, friendship, peacemaking, problem solving, but we all have them. I love the uplift I felt from his words, I feel renewed and able to work harder. I even offered to teach a class on making the little baby hats that I have been making for a long while now on the looms and 4-5 people signed up! I am so excited! Not that that is some Fabulous thing but Hey I can share that with others, and I am excited.
I have also realized this week a few other things that have bothered me for a long time are just not true and I have made goals to be a better person and mother and wife and daughter. I feel like I have more love in my heart and more room to grow and improve. I am excited and happy. I feel like I am full of the love of Christ. I am thankful for my many blessing and happy to be me!

The busy time of year is starting, I can feel it! October always bring on the Fall rush, and I blink and the next thing I know it is January and I have 4 months of waiting for spring! Sad I know... So I am going to try hard to enjoy each day and accomplish as much as I can, I have lots of work to do not only to be ready for the new baby but also for Christmas and birthdays and the other holidays coming up. Still looking for present ideas for the kids! Mostly Luke, Allie has a lovely list going! haha She sees anything on TV and she wants it for her birthday! I am looking for that Mega T Rex dinasour for Luke so if anyone sees that for cheap some place let me know...I think 50 bucks is a bit much! (garage sale friends if you see a good one cheap but that puppy for me... or call me with the price... haha)

Ok so Like I said I am long winded today! I am thankful that my kids love Books, tonight Luke and Allie and I read about 5 books, They just love it and before getting put in his crib Luke grabbed a book and stuck in in his crib to "read" before he falls asleep.. He is so cute! The picture below is Lucas reading to Allie it was very cute!

2 comments:

The Davies Family said...

I soo need to read his talk, I am sorry I missed it! Its always so wonderful to feel motivated to change something in our lives but without feeling guilty or horrible. I love this time of year when we get to be spiritually fed and feel that renewal come into us! Good for you!

Jennifer said...

Hey Chantel, our house always has a smell too, i think it is kids and sippy cups and garbage cans and sink drains and laundry and a million other things. I just discovered something though, i cleaned all of the cupboards with orange oil and it smells sooo good and the small stays around for quite a while. By the way , i have never smelled anything in your house, i mean the 2 times i was in it.

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley