Wednesday, September 24, 2008

shamelessly stolen this tip....

I found a very cute Blog called It's a Wonderful Life... and I saw this tip on there and I think I may just have to try it! I love the smells of yummy apples and Adam is telling me something in the house stinks all the time, still can't locate whatever it is though... so cover it up I say! haha
I for sure added this ladies blog to my Google Reader! You have to love the reader save tons of time going to Everyone's blog (it tells you when someone has updated)
So on with the TIP!!

This is a tip from our Realtor: Cut up an apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar, put in a 180 degree oven, or you could simmer it in your crock pot, and in about an hour, your house will smell delicious. Or, you could bake an apple pie, but that's much too complicated for me. :) You can even eat the apple afterward.

2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I am loving this idea! Thanks!

Beckey said...

Great idea...have you tried Scentsy yet? I am loving it because it's so much safer than burning candles but still smells SO good and the warmers are so dang cute. My mom got one for my birthday and I use it every day!

I also have a friends that use to heat a tea kettle and put a glade plug in inside it. When the steam blew it smelled up her house really nicely. Then she would turn off the kettle. She used the plug in inside the kettle like 2-3 weeks I think before she replaced it.

Also, one more tip...if you have a disposal, I LOVE to put my orange, lemon, lime and grapefruit peels in it! Makes the kitchen smell so good!

Sorry for such the long comment but, I have been typing up all of my recipes to out them in page protectors and in a binder. So I have been doing them in a blog with pictures...I'm not done getting them all posted and I have been taking pics as I make the meals too. If you ever want to try something new check it out. If you ever get new recipes tried and true send them over. I am always looking for something new.
http://beckeysrecipebox.blogspot.com

Have fun at the beach!

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley