Monday, October 27, 2008

Grateful Monday

So at our place I have been thinking about being Grateful a lot lately, some days are just hard and I feel like maybe there really isn't much to be grateful for, but then I repent of that thought and realize how VERY much I am grateful for! So I try to list at least 3-4 in my head so I don't feel so bad anymore, and it is true we have TONS to be thankful for, I could technically list for hours! I am so glad I started doing thankful Sundays because at least once a week I am forced to list a few things...Even if I am feeling crumby! So along this line of thought I found this cute post on a blog I read called the Inspired Room Which is actually kinda a random place for such a thing to be, but hey I will take it because it is such a great thought. I also read this amazing article about the family who had that plane crash, which I have been following since then, and I can't believe it has been 2 months, it totally breaks my heart to think of that lovely mommy sleeping while her little ones are growing and changing, especially since their youngest just turned 2 in October, I think of Luke and how much he has changed and how much that sweet boy is missing of his momma and how much she is missing of him. But I am so thankful that she is still fighting and is doing so amazingly well! Every time I think about this family I am more grateful for mine and try a little harder to love them a little more. So back to the point...the Inspired Room blogger posted this list of 20 attitudes of gratitude, and I love them! I have already written my husband a love email note this morning, and plan to tell my kids at least 3-10 times today how much they are loved! Hugs are always in order in our house, and Luke and I have shared several already even this early in the day. Allie is still sleeping but the first thing I am going to do is hug her! Anyway I just wanted to share this list and hope that you can find some small ways like these to be more loving, and grateful of what you have and what is around you. It is much easier to pick and prod at the bad things around us, it is much easier to be negative than positive, but I promise you you will have a smile in your heart if you take the chance to change your thoughts and even in the most frustrating times be thankful, and speak kindly, and LOVE!

20 Little Attitudes of Gratitude
1. Mind your manners. Say please, thank you and excuse me.
2. Smile when you see your family. Turn your frown upside down.
3. Pick up after yourself.
4. Notice when others do kind things for you, show gratitude by action or words.
5. Say I love you before going to bed.
6. Give hugs daily.
7. Don’t worry about tomorrow. Focus on what you are happy about today.
8. Create gratitude journals to keep track of daily blessings.
9. Show thankfulness for even the little things others do for you.
10. Leave love notes in unexpected places like lunch boxes and under pillows.
11. Encourage someone with a compliment.
12. Verbalize what you are grateful for when you feel like complaining about life.
13. Keep a basket of small slips of paper on the table. Write notes of thankfulness during the week and read them to each other during a family meal.
14. Remember to thank God for blessings each day.
15. Surprise your family (or friends) with little gifts or treats to show you thought of them.
16. No grumbling about minor annoyances around the house.
17. Do special things to cherish time with your family. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
18. Reflect on happy memories regularly. Make inspiration boards of special times.
19. Help someone out without them having to ask you. Watch for someone in need.
20. When you are doing household chores, be grateful you have a home to clean.

No comments:

In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. President Gordon B. Hinckley